Candle lights

There was a long time since I had my last visit there, almost two decades ago. But the memory is kind of a bless: it shows how things were as they could be now, even though we all know they are not available anymore. So this is how I saw that empty place longing to the river, where once there were so many stories and people – and now I see the space. That empty space.

Even though I had known all details from that at the right time – how it happened, why it happened – as I saw that from abroad, it didn’t seem quite real. Could have been just a movie, a catastrophe one, I mean (kind of movie I’m not for it). But as I got so close to the point where life had existed, and so brightly, I couldn’t avoid remembering all the anger and rage for having had that happening.

When I first came there I was dreaming of seeing the city from the top floor, as most people imagine being possible to understand life as we get to the highest point, even geographically talking. I got surprised by the speed we all arrived safely to that top, and I couldn’t afford more than simply arriving there to see the city – there was a luxury restaurant I imagined I would return and enjoy there on my next visit, and that image became a livid memory.

Some days ago, while I was so close, I missed them deeply. Not only the place; plus everything, even people I wouldn’t ever met and let their lives in some few seconds. Dreams that disappeared and turned into ashes. People who are still missing them and all the many others who mourn and ask themselves why for.

Today early morning my memory brought light to those former candle lights in the horizon, and fortunately memory and history are alive enough to remember – mostly not for sorrow, mostly for a new future. They deserve lights, dreams and wishes becoming true, as this city did that for me – and will keep doing for ever.

Comentários

Postagens mais visitadas deste blog

Afinal, é para dizer “saúde” depois do espirro ou não?

Acomodação ou Acomodamento?

Parábolas de gestão empresarial – autor desconhecido